50 Years of Excellence
Since the late 1700’s, Laredo became an integral part of history between Mexico and the United States of America. By the 1920’s the city was undergoing major changes as it prepared to move forth from a river community into a full-blown city. In 1961, the old high school that was established in 1916 was converted into La Posada Hotel welcoming guests from around the world. The hotel is built around four historic buildings. The old Laredo High School today is the main entrance to the hotel, and houses the Front Desk and Lobby, the Zaragoza Grill, meeting rooms, the Phillip V Ballroom, The Tesoro Club and the hotel’s administrative offices. Our ballrooms are located in what was once a 19th-century convent..
The Capitol of the Republic of the Rio Grande dates back to the 1830’s and now houses a museum on the hotel grounds. The famous Tack Room Steak House is located in the elegant Bruni Home, which also dates from the 1800’s. Most recently, the hotel underwent a major renovation to improve our facilities and offer our guests world-class accommodations and legendary service.
In 2011, La Posada Hotel will celebrate its 50th Anniversary. Today, the hotel continues to reflect its Spanish heritage and to maintain strong ties to the history and traditions of Texas and Mexico.