Job Description and Requirements
Responsible for meeting and exceeding the expectations of all guests. The Banquet Server is responsible primarily for assisting in serving, setting-up, and clean-up of all banquet functions. This is a fast paced position that will involve constant customer interaction.
- Knowledgeable of event menu items and their contents, appropriate table settings and service ware, and the correct preparation and garnishing methods.
- Ability to follow directions from banquet event orders.
- Responsible for setting up, serving, maintaining and breaking down banquet rooms.
- Ability to carry large and heavy trays on a continuous basis throughout a shift.
- On Call Position
- Transport food and beverage orders
- Responds quickly to requests from guests, supervisors or management in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintains supplies neat and organized to department standards.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reporting missing articles, damage or mechanical problems restaurant/lounge area and equipment.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.
- Requires standing/walking/bending throughout shift and ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Great customer service skills
- Able to work all shifts and flexible schedules including weekends and holidays
- Minimum of 18 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
- Excellent communication skills and an eye for detail and the ability to multitask.
NOTE: Other duties may be assigned by supervisor or management
Must apply in person at the Human Resources Department of La Posada Hotel. No phone calls will be accepted.