Front Desk (Night Auditor)
Front Desk / Night Auditor
The successful candidate must be bilingual in Spanish and English and must have the ability to multitask, be detail-oriented, and be able to problem solve in order to effectively deal with internal and external customers. Promptly greets, registers and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room key to guest and informs hotel’s features to guest;
- Answers telephones and transfers calls, takes messages and answers inquiries;
- Retrieves bill, collects payment and makes changes for the guests;
- Makes and confirms reservations;
- Allows guest access to safety deposit box;
- Verity’s accuracy of information in room bucket;
- Complies with all La Posada Hotel Accounting procedures;
- Assumes MOD responsibilities as needed;
- Ensures completion of night audit checklist;
- Is responsible for making sure the daily sales report is completed daily and in balance at all times;
- Is responsible for the training of all audit staff personnel on all aspects of night audit and customer services;
- Ensures the Accounting department is aware of all audit discrepancies and daily sales report challenges;
- Maintains open communication with the Accounting department;
- Maintains a clean and professional workplace appearance and
- Projects a professional image through appearance and conduct.
Manages hotel while on shift, makes necessary judgments when needed and will advice Executive Committee.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Human Resource systems; Internet Explorer, Outlook Internet software; Buy Efficient Order processing systems; ADP Payroll systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to speak, read and write in English and Spanish.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.