Kitchen and Laundry Mechanic
Troubleshoot and conduct diagnostics on both A/C & Refrigeration equipment.
Be able to complete minor repairs on both A/C & Refrigeration equipment
- Commercial kitchen equipment maintenance and repairs. i.e. Stoves, fryers, flattops, salamanders, ovens and all other types of equipment normally found in a commercial kitchen environment.
- Commercial laundry equipment maintenance and repairs. i.e. Commercial washers, driers and ironers and all other types of equipment normally found in a commercial laundry environment.
- Prioritize, organize and complete work orders.
- Locate, price and order replacement parts as needed.
- Complete required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program as it relates to laundry and kitchen assets.
- Essential Functions of the Job
- Able to work without direct supervision.
- Able to respond to emergency situations.
- Maintains a polite and courteous attitude toward hotel guests.
- Maintains a clear, uncluttered work area.
- Able to perform duties of Assistant Chief Engineer in his absence. Works closely and in coordination with refrigeration Mechanic.
Additional Job Duties
- Make Manager aware of guest’s comments and complaints.
- Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Report to shift on time.
- Comply with all policies and procedures.
- Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
- Perform a broad range of maintenance and repair duties in the hotel.
- Demonstrate leadership in instructing and performing routine maintenance on kitchen and laundry equipment.
- Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
- Physical requirements of the position include:
- Able to lift heavy loads (75 pounds).
- Able to work from a ladder.
- Kneeling, bending, and standing for extended periods.
Must apply in person at the Human Resources Department of La Posada Hotel. No phone calls will be accepted.